Winter is nearly upon us and every cyclist knows it is important for them to be seen whilst riding, but a lot of cyclists forget to wear something bright. It is very important for your own safety to make sure that you are vible to all other road users.
Follow the following rules and it might just save your life!
- Ensure you have two lights on your bike, a red on the back and one white one on the front.
- Reflectors are important so have them fitted to your pedals and spokes for extra visibility, especially when cycling in the dark
- Wear something fluorescent and reflective to ensure you are seen during the day and night.
- You could wear a strip that goes around you middle and over your shoulder that is both reflective and fluorescent you can buy these at cycling shops.
- Have reflectors stuck to your cycle helmet.
- Stick reflective material on a bag you may be carrying which is secure on your bike
More accidents occur during the winter months that any other time of year. This is due to people not being seen so remeber ‘Be safe Be Seen!